[SECC] Some CQ 160 CW facts

Subject: [SECC] Some CQ 160 CW facts
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:06:38 -0400
I am in the midst of checking the CQ 160 Contests (I only have 3 weeks
left).   I thought the gang would like some facts of who
made it through first to some or the DX.

The first one through was almost always KC1XX but they did not stay up with
stateside contacts.  Next was K2TOP operating from WW2Y.
Far behind was W2GD and W1FJ.   Surprising K1FK from Maine was there on most
of the DX.

>From Georgia W8JI was first through..sometimes alone, sometimes with KC1XX
and K2TOP but most times somewhere near W4ZV.
The Georgia runner up (sometimes getting there first was W4WA with K9AY
operating.  Other Georgia stations that were first mult for DX included N4NX
5 times,  Wa4TT twice, and AA4Z once.   W4ZV and W4MYA although closer to
the NE USA had no real advantage this year over Georgia.  N4PN and NU4Y in
Florida at times were in there first too. (They were best to Sweden and
Finland).   Often as much as one hour before the rest of the USA.

Did not see VE1ZZ in any log for the first time in years on CW.

Most popular semi rare DX was ZC4A where I saw K4TEA, KX4R, and K4PI appear
in the log.

Note W8JI and K2TOP are not in the RA6AX log and I found one other Dx
station with a large number of stateside contacts that was missed by K2TOP
but not W8JI or W4WA .....

I still have the cabrillo cross checking to finish on CW and then get the
data base in something but a comma delimited format that WT4I
leaves me with.  I pass these through to Access and then in ADF format to
Word 97 that CQ uses.  I eye check the top logs for QA purposes.

Results should be in the December CQ Magazine.

73 Dave K4JRB   ...Sorry I will miss Shelby!