[SECC] any earthlink.net subscribers

Subject: [SECC] any earthlink.net subscribers
From: Ben Coleman" <oloryn@benshome.net (Ben Coleman)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:02:03 -0500
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:33:10 -0500, w4nti@mindspring.com wrote:

>I'm on mindspring.  Which was bought out by earthlink.  Lets see how it
>works out.

Dan, one difference is that Earthlink and Mindspring still appear to
have separate email farms (there's a lot of stuff that still hasn't
been unified
since the EL/MS merger).  Chances are that Don is using the Earthlink
email farm and you're using the Mindspring email farm.

I was initially going to suggest that Don try to use the Mindspring
email farm (smtp.mindspring.com), but it appears that outbound port 25
blocking is set up in such a way that the Mindspring email farm is
unreachable for EL customers, and vice versa (at least I've verified
that, as a Mindspring customer, I can't reach the EL email farm.  I'm
not sure if it's true in the other direction, but it wouldn't be
surprising).

Anyone know if the server this list runs on has any anti-spamming
filtering?

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn@benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively