[SECC] TRIVIA - W3DYA QSO RATE FOR GQP 2001

Subject: [SECC] TRIVIA - W3DYA QSO RATE FOR GQP 2001
From: w3dya@juno.com (w3dya@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:24:10 -0500
I was fooling around with my GQP log and startled myself with some
trivia.

I was active for 19 hours, plus at 0300 I listened but only had one
contact in about 20 minutes.

I wrote a program to show QSOs for each hour and was surprised that I had
11 hours with over 60 Qs each.  Three other hours had 57, 57, and 58
Qs/hour.

For 20 hours, I average 59 Qs per hour; if I ignore the one contact in
the 0300 hour, I averaged 62 Qs per hour for 19 hours.

And in the last three hours (2100, 2200, and 2300Z), I had 98, 72, and 99
Qs, respectively.  And looking at my log I see i was in 4 or 5 counties
in each of those hours.  And I assume lots of people were active in the
contest towards the end - although I didn't think so.  I thought many
went home early!

I only mention this trivia since it surprised me - now I guess I should
look at a few other contests and see how much slack I really have for
improvement.  Keep in mind this is all CW; none of those fast SSB rates!

73, Norm, W3DYA