[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: wa4tt@nlamerica.com (John Vickers)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:42:37 -0400
Looks as though fun was had by all this past weekend. Due to health
problems, I've been staying with my daughter near Augusta for sometime and
not been very active.  I had my son drive me to our hunt camp in Johnson co.
Friday so I could get some fresh air and work a bit of the GQP.

Only operated for short durations then would have to take a break.  Ran
about 300 watts out to a low 160 M Zepp---- sri I couldn't hear well---
especially on the higher bands. Hopefully the Doctors will get the kinks out
, so I can join the mobile fun next year !!

Several of the DX stns asked for SSB but I had no mic with me. AD1C asked
for 10M, but the ant wasn't doing well on the high bands.  Seemed to get out
many times better than it was RXing. Son caught a 37 lb Flathead catfish and
I caught a few CW QSOs.

Band        Q's
80M          9
40M          98
20M          74
15M          43
10M            3
   Total =   227  X 2 X 40 Mult = 18,160 pts

Tnx for the fun es 73----- John WA4TT