[SECC] GQP for Writelog

Subject: [SECC] GQP for Writelog
From: mcondon@attglobal.net (Mike Condon)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:54:23 -0500
Hi,
I did a bit more checking, and found:
The FQP is by band, and by mode, as is GQP.

-A single mobile, "Rover", class covering both multi and single is in FQP,
separated in GQP

-A multiplier of x1, x2, x3, for HP,LP,QRP in FQP, not GQP

GQP does have the Multi-Multi class as Rick was asking.

The two rover classes are not called out in the rules, but were inserted on
the summary sheet, so fixing the summary sheet is probably the right answer
to make them one class, and actually then follows the rules.

Actually none of these items are involved in contact logging, as they are
handled on the summary sheet or in the header of the log file.  Even the
power multiplier is applied on the score summary, not in the log.  The
counties list is of course different.  I think the multiplier list is the
same, or very close.  So the two Q-Parties are very close.  Adjusting the
classes, use of the same mults, and adding the power mults would make them
identical.  This might make it easier for loggers to make a GQP module, with
a new list of counties.

Writelog shows a grid of counties or mults worked, by mode... this is in an
"INI" file.  If you look at "namedmul.ini" in the writelog directory, you
will see how it is done.  We would have to make such an entry set in the INI
file from our counties list.
I have started to run the Writelog Contest Wiz to try to make a GQP module.
It has been a few years since doing any C++, and  it may be slow.  If I get
any thing that seems to run, I will send attachements for bold testers to
crack.

This might get us a Writelog module.  I may need help!

More later.

Mike, NE4S