[SECC] NE4S CQ 160 CW SOLP Entry

Subject: [SECC] NE4S CQ 160 CW SOLP Entry
From: mcondon@ibm.net (Mike Condon)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:21:20 -0800
Hi,
I had told John, K4BAI, I was going to shoot a wire into a tree and have a
go.  Well, I did that on Saturday afternoon, added a 40 Hustler loading
coil, and applied all the tuner I could muster.  The mesh fence and a couple
hundred feet of copper weld made counterpoise/radials for the 70' vertical
wire running about a foot away from the trunk of a tall tulip poplar.
Covenant cops will never find this one.  Having made a few contacts on
Friday nite, the main push would be the remaining Saturday evening.  The
antenna seemed to do a fair job for a quickie, but noisy as verticals are.
Here is the result

Single OP Low Power, UnAssisted.

Gross Q's 309
Dupes       5 ... I/he busted a few so they are double entered
Net       304
Points    675
Mults      55
Score  37,125

Missed AK-HI-NV-KS-ND-SD stateside, did find a DC tho.  Heard AK-HI-NV-ND
but no go.
Never heard KS-SD.
DX was KP2-KP4-VP5-G-ZF-FM-P4, Some VE's

This was my first effort on this contest, and it helps prepare for filling
those 160M mults in other contests.  Perhaps some reading on low noise
(clandestine) RX antennae is in order....

I heard and worked a lot of SECC members, thanks.

73, Mike, NE4S