[SECC] KA9EKJ NAQP CW

Subject: [SECC] KA9EKJ NAQP CW
From: rvhoeft@intergraph.com (Hoeft, Roger V)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:24:29 -0600
Had a great time Saturday & happy to work a number of club members.
Couldn't hear / find Greg, K4NO on the appointed 10M frequency and thought
either he was unable to particpate or conditions at that time were a
harbinger of things to come.  Fortunately, I was wrong on both counts.  I
knew I wasn't well-equipped for 10 and 15 so I didn't spend too much time on
these bands.  In retrospect, I should have done a lot of S & P, to get the
Qs up and maybe moved onto 20 sooner.  I also alternated on and off times in
half-hour segments for the first couple of hours.  This probably slowed me
down as well.  Couldn't seem to get things going on 40 as the band was
really crowded in a relatively small segment.  Next time, I start an hour
into the show and break again early evening.

I usually have a minimum to "bliss" range for setting performance goals in
the test.  This year, I set the range between 300 and 350.  When the bands
quieted down, the final number was 343 x 139 for a total of 47,677.  I'm
really happy with myself as this was done in the "all copper" category.
Even had a GW3 call me on 40, too.  Next year, I'm good for 400 Qs.

I was ready to turn around and start all over at 0600.  See you all this
weekend from K4NO.

Here's the breakdown:

     Exchanged Information: KA9EKJ ROD AL

     Hours of Operation: 09:41

     band    QSOs    points   mults
     ------------------------------
     160       66        66     29  Inverted L
      80       92        92     34  80M dipole & vertical wired to the L
feedpoint
      40       65        65     28  40M delta loop
      20       93        93     32  40M and 20M delta loops
      15       17        17     10  40M and 20M delta loops
      10       10        10      6  40M and 20M delta loops
     TOTAL    343       343    139      SCORE: 47,677

     Club or Team Name: SECC #2