[SECC] Re: (*&%#computers

Subject: [SECC] Re: (*&%#computers
From: wa4kxy@bellsouth.net (Jim Worsham)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:43:19 -0500
I to have had good luck with Dell.  I bought the computer I am using now
about 3 years ago new. So far I have added a zip drive, added additional
RAM, upgraded to a new video card, upgraded to a new modem card and upgraded
to Windows 98 with no problems.  As a matter of fact it runs a lot better
now than it did when I first got it.  Windows 98 was a big improvement over
Windows 95.  I am thinking about a second hard disk since the 10 GB that is
in it is starting to get full.  Should be no problem since there is a shelf
and power/data connectors for a 2nd HD sitting in the box waiting.  So far I
have used off the shelf stuff I bought mostly at CompUSA or hamfests.
Anyway, I don't know about the other "big name brand" computers but I have
found Dell to be easily upgradable with nonDell components.  I own no stock
or have no connection with Dell (I wish I did!) other than I bought one of
their computers and liked it.

73
Jim W4KXY
w4kxy@bellsouth.net