[SECC] SECC Club Scores - Contest Participation

Subject: [SECC] SECC Club Scores - Contest Participation
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:34:39 -0400
Since contest season is upon us, I thought I'd mention something that may
have been overlooked.

I can't find our bylaws on the web, but I'm sure everyone knows that the
SECC has no dues requirements. But there is a requirement in our august
organization that may have gone unnoticed.

I have a distinct memory that for continued membership in the SECC,
everyone is required to submit at least two (2) logs listing the SECC for
club competition each year. This requirement makes sense, not because the
SECC wants to run up huge scores in club competition (which would be
nice), but because the SECC wants to promote contest operation.

I've never seen an interpretation of this bylaw, but it would seem to me
that everything counts: club competitions, NAQP or Sprint teams,
multioperator efforts, etc. There's no requirement for winning contests
or running up big scores (although that would be nice).

So, if you haven't already submitted two entries listing the SECC, make
plans to operate the upcoming contests, even if its just a few hours.

CQ WW DX - Both team and club competition
SS - Club competition
ARRL 10m - Club competition
ARRL 160m - Club competition

That's six contests in the next three months. Operate any two, and submit
a log with the SECC listed, and you're good for another year!

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales