[SECC] KR4M, silent key

Subject: [SECC] KR4M, silent key
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:06:58 -0700
Many of you met, over the years, Cliff Watson, KR4M (formerly K4ADU and
DL4BL).  He lived in Coumbus, Atlanta, Orlando, Warner Robins, but
mostly in Columbus until the last few years when emphysema forced him to
move to the war veterans home in Milledgeville.  He died of cardiac
arrest Monday night.

Cliff was at the top of the DXCC Honor Roll for many years and also was
at the top of the 28 mhz. DXCC list for years.  In more recent years, he
had been very active on 6 and 12 meters.  Some of you will remember that
he operated a M/M entry for the Dixie DXers some years ago when we
signed K4VHC (now K4BG) from the QTH of Gene, N4E?? near Newnan.

Cliff and I were friends for nearly 46 years and we continued to talk on
the telephone and exchange letters even after he went to the war
veterans home.  I think he was about 63.

73, John, K4BAI.