[SECC] Cabrillo

Subject: [SECC] Cabrillo
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:47:55 -0400
Jay K4OGG asks
> How does one indicate off times in the Cabrillo format?  In the past I
have
> listed off times on the summary sheet.  My understanding is that Cabrillo
> combines the log and the summary; so how do we show the ten hours we
> operated in NAQP, for example?

The only way I know to list times on and off, operators in a multi etc is to
put them on a separate summary sheet.  I hope all the major programs (CT,
NA, TR, and Writelog) have the ability to do a separate summary sheet as
well as put a summary sheet at the front of the cabrillo log.    The idea
behind Cabrillo was to make one submittal for a contest.  Unfortunately
printing out a real log for us to keep
(NA does the .PRN) and having the ability to show comments like Jay is
looking for is lost.   Some of us use Writelog and this windows program can
be customized.  One entry this year made comments throughout his log such as
time off at 1340Z or RU1A has no ears.

For the CQ 160 I am accepting the old log format and summary sheet or
cabrillo with a complete summary sheet but with fields to indicate points
per Q and each new mult.   You can even write the ops (for Multi op) on a
separate sheet of paper

 73 Dave K4JRB

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html