[SECC] Power level for NAQP?

Subject: [SECC] Power level for NAQP?
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:58:53 -0400
On 8/1/00 7:46 PM, Ben Coleman at oloryn@mindspring.com wrote:

>The reason I ask is that my DX-77T nominally runs 100W, but the MFJ SWR
>meter on my tuner(yeah, yeah, I know) puts it as more like 125W out.  I
>can open the DX-77T and flip a "half-power" (more like 70W, if the MFJ
>is to be believed) switch, but I'm unsure whether I need to or not.

I'd believe the specifications of your rig sooner than the MFJ power
meter.

I'd leave the switch where it is. You're likely within the limits of the
rules, and certainly within the spirit of them.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com