SD-User

Re: [SD-User] SD and Yaesu FTDX10 CW Configuration.

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD and Yaesu FTDX10 CW Configuration.
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:29:10 +0100
On 11/04/2022 18:37, Telesforo Figueroa wrote:

But, when trying to configure the "C", CW, I am doing something wrong. I am
trying it using the internal CW keyer of the FTDX10. I am not using the WinKeyer.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to use the WinKeyer with this transceiver?

Unfortunately, SD does not support the internal keyer in any rig.  The two options are Serial Port keying with SD's internal keyer, or via WinKey.  WinKey is recommended because it guarantees smooth CW, and because it integrates well with the paddles - touch either paddle to stop or truncate message playback and, if appropriate, continue sending, by hand, at the same speed (WPM).

Sorry to disappoint you.

73,
Paul EI5DI