SD-User

[SD-User] FT991 Rig Control

To: "sd-user@contesting.com" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] FT991 Rig Control
From: Allan Duncan <allan_duncan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:58:01 +0000
I have been assisting a friend with installing SD connected to a Yaesu FT-991
(not FT-991A). He has a current valid SD licence key file installed. The Yaesu
USB Windows driver is installed and is working.

I have tried both versions 19.19 and 19.20 but am finding an issue with rig
control.

SD correctly displays (and logs) the TX/RX frequency and SD correctly changes
band when this is done on the FT-991 – I therefore concluded that rig control
was working correctly. However, SD commands TO the FT-991 have no effect. e.g.
“B40” or “3523” in an empty logging line does nothing. It appears like one way
comms?

I am assuming I am missing something obvious. I have tried the same versions
connected to my Elecraft K3  via RS232 and it works both ways, as I would have
expected.

Setup:-

COM5 (This is the Yaesu “Enhanced” USB port as identified in device manager),
38400 baud (I have also tried 4800), 8 data bits, 2 stop bits, No Parity, RTS Y
(no comms at all when set to N), DTR N (although I have tried Y also).

Thanks,

Allan
GM4ZUK