Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve

To: David Tanks <ad4tj@yahoo.com>, Valleyhams <valleyhams@googlegroups.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 03:26:56 +0000
I’m one of them….

It depends. If you are running, many of the folks you are working have already
seen your exchange before they work you. So in effect you have sent it twice
(or more).  It also depends on your station as well as conditions.  If I call
someone who is 30 over 9 I don’t expect more than one exchange.  There is not
likely to be a static crash loud enough to interfere.  What band you are on
also enters into it.  And if you are using 3 or 4 decoder windows and they all
agree, no need for a repeat.

As the receive station it is your call: if you are not sure if you got it, ask
for a repeat.

As for pet peeves…  please don’t send my call (I know it), and unless you think
I sent your call wrong don’t send it either.  Just the facts (er, info), Jack.

Hope to work you this weekend and have a great time!

Ken K6MR