Re: [RTTY] MMTTY enhancement request

To: <Ktfrog007@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY enhancement request
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:17:04 -0400
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com [mailto:Ktfrog007@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 12:54 PM
To: aa6yq@ambersoft.com
Subject: MMTTY enhancement request

I guess you are the custodian of MMTTY.  I didn't know that.

>>>I'm not the custodian of MMTTY.  MMTTY is an open source project. Any
>>>developer can make corrections and improvement to MMTTY. As
is described in

<http://mm-open.org/>

>>>changes to the Master Branch of MMTTY must be approved by one of the
>>>Committers.

>>>Over the past year, I and four other developers made corrections and
>>>improvements to MMTTY, its English documentation, and its
Japanese documentation. To make this easily accessible to all MMTTY users, Ken
VE5KC created MMTTY 1.70K as a public release.

Here's an enhancement I'd like: something that shows what Profile I'm using.  I
have a number of Profiles, some came with the
program but several others I rolled myself.  I switch them around as per
conditions, but I have trouble keeping track of which one
is loaded in (I usually run two instances of MMTTY, so the problem is doubled).

Any way this could be included in the enhancements?

>>>Sure! Anyone who wants someone else to implement changes in MMTTY for them
>>>should convey their request to Erik K5WW, as he
recently volunteered to take on this role.

>>>Incidentally, WinWarbler (the digital mode component of the freeware DXLab
>>>suite) uses MMTTY as a "RTTY engine", and shows you
what Profile is currently selected. WinWarbler also includes the 2-Tone "RTTY
engine", so you can either decode the same RTTY signal
with two different engines simultaneously, or simultaneously decode a RTTY DX
station working split and the RTTY station he or she
is working.

     73,

               Dave, AA6YQ