[RTTY] KO9F in 2017 CQ WPX RTTY

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] KO9F in 2017 CQ WPX RTTY
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:45:52 -0500
I put KO9F on the air this weekend during the CQ WPX RTTY contest. Since KO9 is a lot less common prefix than W9, I got permission from our club's trustee to use the club's KO9F callsign in the contest.

I’m fairly pleased with my results. I was only on the air for 12 hours 21 minutes.

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
Assisted Category : NON-ASSISTED
             Band : ALL
            Power : LOW

        Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX
         3.5      99     224   61
           7     106     282   60
          14      93     143   52
          21       5       9    2
       Total     303     658  175

            Score : 115,150

I got a couple of runs going on 80m, but my best run was on 40m: 38 QSOs in 39 minutes. That’s fun!

N1MM+ with MMTTY and 2-Tone as decoders worked very well. Any issues were due to operator error.

Antennas were either a low-mounted wire dipole for 40 or 80m or 27-foot vertical for 15, 20, or 40m. Both HOA friendly.

Radio was an Icom IC-7600 with an AC8Y FSK Keying Interface (http://thetower.us/FSK/).

The contest log has been submitted to the robot and the ADIF file uploaded to LotW for those looking for confirmation.

Bob...  W9BU