Re: [RTTY] Interesting Discovery

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Interesting Discovery
From: Steve Carpenter via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 22:04:14 -0500
Well, scratch my comment about water. I hadn't read everything in the thread. But I, too, have had high SWR during rain that would return to normal afterward. I always just attributed it to a general moisture invasion into the system somewhere that I had overlooked. But, if you're convinced the system is tight, then there's obviously some other problem. I can't help but still think water, though, simply because it is the only variable in the equation. You might try checking along the coax for small nicks or cuts; I've never had a problem with squirrels but I know a local ham who did. Critters nearly gnawed all the way through his coax!

Good luck with the problem, and let us know what you figure out. I'm always anxious to learn!

73,

Steve K4DXV