Re: [RTTY] New Radio

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 22:22:16 +0000

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 22:05:02 +0000, you wrote:

>I will have some extra money soon and I think I might be able to swing
>another radio to use for RTTY contesting.
>
>Anyone have any thoughts on the ICOM 718 or the Yaesu FT-450D as a
>suitable unit that will do true FSK?
>

>thanks
>
>73
>
>Thom KI8W

REPLY:

If you can afford it, the FlexRadio 6xxx series is a better choice
IMO.  Especially if you have a second monitor to show off the spectrum
display to its full advantage. Being able to see the whole band at
once or even just a part of it is a huge advantage in contesting. I
have a 6300 - the cheapest of the three versions - and it does
everything I want or need for contesting. I only run SO1R, so SO2R ops
may want a more expensive version which is in effect multiple radios.

73, Bill W6WRT