Re: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY Questions

To: "'Jim Hooper'" <k9qjs@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY Questions
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:31:55 -0700
Most stations send in this order: 599 3 WA.  Rule II states:

 II. CONTEST EXCHANGE: RST report plus CQ zone number of the station
location (e.g., 599 14). Stations in the continental USA and Canada also
send QTH (e.g., 599 05 MA). See IV.C.3. below.

While the rule doesn't explicitly state you MUST send the exchange in the
order shown, it is strongly implied.  I also think it is confusing to send
the QTH before the zone because DX stations have the zone following the RST,
so it is more consistent for all exchanges to have that pattern and only the
US/VE exchanges adding QTH on the end.

Ed W0YK