Re: [RTTY] A question on the history of the major RTTY contests

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A question on the history of the major RTTY contests
From: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:42:06 -0700
Yes, there is a historical reason.  The RTTY modes were instigated by different
people.  Also, in those days RTTY was not perceived as a sibling to CW and SSB,
but rather a different species.  Now, though, if the other modes choose to
comply with the RTTY rules I'm happy to adopt them into our family.  Seriously,
apart from a few rules differences, we really do work closely together today.

73,
Ed W0YK