Re: [RTTY] RM-11708

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708
From: "G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:04:50 -0000
Bandwidth limits have been used for many years in the IARU Region 1 plan. They
are voluntary and are complied with by the vast majority of operators (I would
say >99%).

So the "RTTY" segments are 500Hz bandwidth, "CW" segments are 200Hz and "SSB"
2700Hz. However some are further qualified by type of use as well.

For a better understanding then look here:
https://thersgb.org/services/bandplans/html/rsgb_band_plan_june_2016.htm

Seems to be that the land of the free is not the land of the free when it comes
to amateur radio regulations. They are vastly more onerous and complex than the
ones here in the UK. For those who want to know more here is the current UK
licence:
http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/spectrum/amateur-radio/guidance-for-licensees/amateur-terms.pdf

73 David G3YYD