[RTTY] FW: RTTY DX'ing tutorial (was: VK0EK RTTY Update)

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: RTTY DX'ing tutorial (was: VK0EK RTTY Update)
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 20:54:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Junior [mailto:charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 8:44 PM
To: 'ed@w0yk.com'
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RTTY DX'ing tutorial (was: VK0EK RTTY Update)

If I'm not mistaken MIXW ver?? has a 2nd recv window you can activate
depending on some other settings band width, ssb or both. You can see all
the station's that are calling up with their call sign showing up on the
software display for the 2nd vfo up to a certain band width.
One of the French team's used this and I was amazed how fast he was
tu up and bam working another one. I guess the software auto switches
to that split station call sign and xmit qrg so he can get the report from
the station he sent the report too. That particular dxped would not work a
wide bandwidth only 2-4 up but was running them one after the other, condx
permitting.
I don't use it for RTTY as the decoder is no where , or any of the other
decoders , as good as RITTY. I used MIXW in some psk contest where it is
pretty good and a good logger also.
73
charles/kk5oq