Re: [RTTY] VK0EK RTTY Update

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] VK0EK RTTY Update
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 13:06:05 -0400
> On 4/10/2016 11:45:10 AM, Don Hill AA5AU (aa5au@bellsouth.net) wrote:
>>
> RTTY is now mainstream. There are more RTTY operators now than ever before
> as there has been an explosion in RTTY operators in the past 10-15 years.
>
> Don AA5AU

That being said, how do we educate these newer ops on pileup etiquette? (if it
is all newer ops?).....listening to the 4W pileup, trying to find the qsx, and
they give a DL6 a 599 and K5 keeps giving his call, they respond to a SP6, and
the same K5, over and over and over.....and he’s not the only one....I can
understand if one has lite copy, and they come back to a similar call, but
there nothing similar about OZ8A and a K5.....eventually, the guy works him, so
he thinks the method he is using is correct, but it isnt.....I know Ed has
written some articles on the subject, but how do we get them into the right
publications, websites so the offenders read them ?