[RTTY] RTTY Experience from Iowa

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Experience from Iowa
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 21:03:11 -0500
I need four more entities for the bottom rung of the RTTY Honor Roll, and I
was hoping to notch Heard Island to shorten the needed list. Looks like
that's not going to happen. I've had two openings on 15 meter RTTY at 1230
UTC, one for five minutes early in the operation, and another one today for
two minutes. Both times they were working EU. Here in Eastern Iowa, they pop
out of the noise for a few minutes, then disappeared. During the very brief
time I could print them, it was 50-60% print. I have a TH-11 at 50 ft. I
can't copy them on 30 meters tonight, but I just have a HF2V with 30 meter
coil.

I don't understand why they persist in trying to work NA on 15 meters, while
ignoring 17 and 20, where we might have a better chance of hearing them.

The joke in zero land is that they are UNHEARD Island. Actually, that's not
a joke but a tragedy.

Nelson Moyer, KU0A