Re: [RTTY] How I worked VK0EK from NA on 15M RTTY this morning

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How I worked VK0EK from NA on 15M RTTY this morning
From: John Bastin <bastinj@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:13:31 -0400
On Apr 5, 2016, at 15:44, Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net
<mailto:aa5au@bellsouth.net>> wrote:

> In fact, I have not heard them on 30 yet at all either

Don, I realize I’m 1000 miles north of you, but our experience here the last
two nights has been for both FT4JA and VK0EK to come up from nothing to
reasonably good copy on 30 meters between 0230 and 0300Z.

Last night I worked VK0EK on 30m CW at 0245z. I hadn’t seen a spot yet, DXA did
not indicate they were there, but I played a hunch and tuned down after working
FT4JA on 10119 at 0238z and found them calling CQ on 10116 with very few
callers.

I still don’t have it on RTTY, but I’m still hoping.

Hope this helps.

73,

John K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com