Re: [RTTY] Escape Key

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Escape Key
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:48:24 -0400
I find it fascinating that some here made an effort, to make sure they will
rarely have to touch the keyboard. And I go to the opposite extreme to make
sure I will rarely have to touch the mouse!!!

I'm actually surprised that my fingers can so nimbly find escape and
function keys on the keyboard. In both RTTY and CW contesting I frequently
use ESC to shorten a CQ or terminate the exchange before the repeat.

In RTTY contesting, I never take my hands off the keyboard except to tune
the radio. Never do I simply click on a callsign... in fact the most
interesting part of RTTY contesting is to take 3 windows of gibberish and
use my memory - assisted with SCP - to come up with the actual callsign!

Tim N3QE