Re: [RTTY] Trailing CQ

To: "ed@w0yk.com" <ed@w0yk.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Trailing CQ
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:33:05 -0700
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:

> The advent of RTTY Skimmer offers a good reason to stop this practice, but
> changing such an entrenched technique will take concerted effort by RTTY
> contesters over a long period of time.  However, the longer we wait, the
> longer it will take to accomplish.
>
> Why don't we drop 'CQ' from the end of our messages now and get on with the
> transition?

WHEREAS it has been determined that the trailing CQ can confuse the RTTY
Skimmer, and

WHEREAS there is no reasonable prognosis that the RTTY Skimmers will be
able to solve this any time soon, and

WHEREAS it is clear that a trailing indicator is helpful to the S&P
contester in both RTTY (via "CQ") and CW (via "TEST"),

I propose that we designate a new trailing indicator for RTTY, along the
lines of TEST. How about "T" or if you prefer "TT" since TEST is too long.
I bet it would catch on fast if we spread the word.

(ducking) jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com