[RTTY] Trailing CQ

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Trailing CQ
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 22:16:48 -0000
Hi all,

Like many others, I have been using the trailing CQ for a couple of years
now, partly based on suggestions made here, but also from my own perspective
of seeing a callsign come up on screen, and then not knowing whether it was
calling CQ, or replying to a call.

I had been S&P'ing in a contest, and decided I had spent far too long
waiting for the caller to either call again with a CQ at the start, or to
send an exchange to the CQ'er.
It isn't unrealistic for it to waste in excess of 1 minute to get the real
caller, which could easily be a dupe, so it is a minute or more wasted.
Having that CQ at the end, or indeed a QRZ, means I can jump straight in,
rather sit around.

Maybe if you are a big gun who spends most of the time calling CQ, it won't
be a problem, but for us with smaller outfits, who like to spend some time
in S&P mode, it makes a big difference.

Just my own thoughts....

73 all

Phil GU0SUP