Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY SPRINT

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY SPRINT
From: Steve Carpenter via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:57:08 -0400
On 3/13/2016 17:39, Richard White wrote:
I have never entered a contest where there was a QSY rule. But I decided to
give it a try this weekend. It was a real learning for me. I made some
mistakes at first but improved as time went on.  Even though I did not do
very well, 50 Q's, It was a lot of fun. For some reason I always thought the
QSY rule would be too involved for me. Not so and I look forward to another
contest of this type. You never get too old to learn to do something newJ

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White

Fulton, MO 65251 U.S.A

Amateur Radio Station  KS0M

Dick,
I had done contests with QSY rules before I got into RTTY and didn't really like them. Thinking back, I don't know what I was thinking. It's a great way for "little pistols" like me to at least be in the game against the big guns who, in most contests, just camp out on a freq and run for the whole contest. Obviously, power and antennas are always going to be an advantage, but in the Sprint-QSY format, operator skill can help even that out. I did better in this sprint than any I had ever done, and I credit my improvement to the 30-minute, Thursday night NS RTTY sprints. They are a great way to practice the format, and they're a heck of a lot of fun! If you've never tried them, join us. You'll get hooked in a hurry.
Steve K4DXV