Re: [RTTY] Friend File

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Friend File
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 08:54:07 -0800

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 08:59:21 -0600, Scott wrote:

>I am a little confused....
>
>Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that there was a rather spirited discussion
>about paring down our contest macros to the absolute barest minimum
>information by omitting unnecessary superfluous data?

REPLY:

Not wanting to state the obvious, but perhaps I should.

Not every contester is out for maximum score in the minimum time. A
lot, maybe even a majority, are in it for a few hours of fun, and
using a friend file is part of their fun.

I don't use it myself but I always enjoy seeing my name print in the
exchange. To each his own.

73, Bill W6WRT