Re: [RTTY] N1MM Logger+ RTTY macro question

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N1MM Logger+ RTTY macro question
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:29:13 +0100
Hi Dick,
by now with ESM engaged the result for an answer when in QSO is the content of F5 and F2 together. F5 couldn't be disengaged, any Fx key must be assigned to HIS_CALL, no way to say NO to this function. So you must consider - adhering to the strict N1MM+ standard - to place the ENTER at the start of F5. Deleting the same at the head of F2 and any symbol or token used for HISCALL. But this would leave you with a double action each time you would like to repeat by hands, mouse or keyb., the answer to a call. This why ESM will not be anymore used when you want to manually repeat the EXCHANGE.

I have a workaround ...

Accordingly to the °Digi Default Messages.mc" the two macros are:
F2 Run Exch,{TX}{ENTER}! {SENTRST} {EXCH} {EXCH} ! {RX}
F5 His Call,{TX} ! {RX}
Those macro are wrong when used with ESM, exactly as F5 couldn't disengaged and the final TX text is
RUWRWUWUGJH2GG
_IW1AYD__
IW1AYD_599_001_001_IW1AYD_UHGSSJKGHJWGG

(the_underscore_is_simulating_blank_spaces_as_here)

The easiest way to change this behavior is to manually null F5 into the macro file, leaving alone F2:
F2 Run Exch,{TX}{ENTER}! {SENTRST} {EXCH} {EXCH} ! {RX}
F5 void,

This will send:
UFWUUFWKJJQSFJKJSQF
IW1AYD_599_001_001_IW1AYD_UHGSSJKGHJWGG

It will not change the double send of the call when you will correct the caller ID:
UFWUUFWKJJQSFJKJSQF
IT1AYD_599_001_001_IT1AYD_UHGSSJKGHJWGG
_IW1AYD
IW1AYD_599_001_001_IW1AYD_UHGSSJKGHJWGG

Be careful with other places where F5 could be used, like LOGTHENPOP or LOGTHENGRAB. But making F5 void will not have particular effect on those that usually are written recalling {F5}{F2} together. Keep only F2 there. BTW when in ESM there is one more space added as a tail end of F5 HISCALL ...

Hope this could help you tho solve the behavior you have seen, keep us known about. Even if I mistakenly interpreted your question, pse. I supposed you are using ESM, if not ...

    73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS there are several other things to be considered around the subject, but too much to be written in a single shoot.