Re: [RTTY] RTTY and Skimmer was: Re: Decoder performance on crowded band

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY and Skimmer was: Re: Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:25:11 +0000
Today, skimmers report once every 10 minutes while a station is detected
running.

I wonder, if that logic were tweaked to adjust that window to report "every 10
minutes or after another station has been spotted on that same frequency,
whichever comes first", could the CT1BOH skimbusted/skimverify logic be tweaked
somehow to warn about possible S&P callers.

Similarly...does there need to be an adjustment in the skimbusted logic to
allow consideration of garble tables for RTTY spots?

Finally, elsewhere in this thread, I believe I remember seeing that another
node operator was getting feeds from both the RBN and from DL4RCK's system.  I
have been doing that on my node, but I am discontinuing the DL4RCK feed after
my CQWW RTTY experience.  On AR v6, duplicate spots from the different networks
are being parsed as non-dupes, which impacts the CT1BOH logic.

I can see someone arguing that skimmers can decode RTTY better than CW and
therefore should get the "verify" tag sooner, but I chalked up the spotted S&P
calls and the busted calls in part to the failure to dedupe spots.

--
Michael Adams | N1EN | mda@n1en.org