Re: [RTTY] TWO RTTY Contests this weekend

To: Rtty Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TWO RTTY Contests this weekend
From: K6UFO Mark Aaker <k6ufo@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 19:42:28 +0000 (UTC)
With a little cooperation, the rates stay high and everyone can be happy:

If I'm CQing, when called by North American stations, I'll just send MORK CA
but if its a European, or I guess its a DMC player, then I'll send  599 001
MORK CA

K6UFO: CQ K6UFO CQ
LZ3HI:         LZ3HI
K6UFO: LZ3HI 599 001 MORK CA
LZ3HI:         TU 599 078 EMIL
K6UFO: TU K6UFO CQ

It works in the other way, too. When a European is called by a NA station,
the European should please include a NAME, e.g.,
LZ3HI:  K6UFO 599 078 EMIL

Otherwise we'll have to waste time sending NAME? and NUMBER? back and forth.

Mark Aaker K6UFO
NAQP RTTY Contest Manager
k6ufo at arrl dot net