[RTTY] RTTY Contest Dinner

To: rtty reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Contest Dinner
From: Fred Dennin <fdennin@numail.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 20:29:31 -0400
Good evening all.  I just wanted to give you a report on the Dayton RTTY
Contest Dinner.  We had about the same number in attendance this year as last,
with 65 present.  We had representation from all over the U.S., DU, VE, VK, JA
and M0.  Thanks to Ralph, K0IR for his presentation as the keynote speaker on
his many DXpeditions.

Thanks to Ed, W0YK, we put together a little over $1,500 in door prizes.  Each
person received a ticket for a chance at a door prize with their meal, but we
sold additional tickets to enhance the opportunity to win more prizes.  This
raised $600.00 and it was supported by the group that we will use these funds
to purchase a few CQWW RTTY plaques that go unsupported by individuals and the
balance is slated to go for the production of filming W0YK running SO3R and/or
SO4R for training purposes.  The video will be made available to RTTY
Contesters wanting to learn the techniques used in operating multiple radios
simultaneously and will also be used by Contest University (CTU) for training
purposes.  Thank you very much to those buying extra door prize tickets, as
RTTY Contesters continue to give back to the hobby.  As a reminder, last year
we raised about $1,100.00 that was donated to WRTC 2014.

We are exploring other food options for next year at the Crown Plaza such as a
possible buffet.  The past two years, we’ve had 4 entree selections to choose
from, but hotel food (the infamous rubber chicken dinner) is not generally the
reason we attend, it’s the camaraderie with our fellow contesters.  That being
said, we will strive to improve on the food each year, the presentation and the
door prizes.

Thanks also to Mark, K6UFO for presenting the NAQP RTTY plaques there and for
his work in organizing the contest.  Thanks also to Larry, K8UT who gave us his
RTTY technology predictions during his presentation as keynote speaker in 2014
and last weekend, gave us a status report on those predictions.

I would like to encourage those of you attending the RTTY Contest Dinner next
year,  to solicit support of your local contest clubs for door prizes.  The
Louisiana Contest Club donated not only to the RTTY dinner in 2014, but also to
the Saturday night Contest Dinner.  The past two years in a row, the W4HOD
Heart of Dixie ARS has generously donated to the RTTY Contest Dinner.  Array
Solutions and Elecraft were very generous commercial donors again this year so
please thank them when you have the opportunity to do so.  I also want to thank
Dr. Bud Azar, N5AN for generously supporting the door prize raffle the last two
consecutive years.

There are always a number of people to thank in helping put on these events so
lastly, thanks to K3LR, K8MNJ, KA9FOX, K1ZZI, W0YK, and WF2S for making the
2015 dinner a success.

73’…..Fred, WW4LL