Re: [RTTY] [Bulk] Re: Comparison

To: "'RTTY contest group'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [Bulk] Re: Comparison
From: "V. Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 08:56:49 -0400

Vlad VE3IAE

--

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim W7RY
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 11:22 PM
To: W4GKM; RTTY Forum
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [RTTY] Comparison

Icom 781 is really old. And requires crystal filters.

The 756PRO III is a much better radio that the PRO II.  And it has better
RTTY filters and they are built into the radio.

On the new side... An Icom 7410 is basically a 7600 without the fancy
display. It's really a GREAT RTTY radio!

If you buy a 7410, buy a very late one or a new one. The older ones had ALC
spike issues on SSB.

73
Jim W7RY