[RTTY] TS-450 Power Rating

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] TS-450 Power Rating
From: Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:19:24 -0500

On 2/26/2015 5:43 PM, rtty-request@contesting.com wrote:
It would just be nice not to have to crank my TS-450 down and only run
40 watts when doing a RTTY contest.  Yeah, I know, I know, 'buy a better
radio'. 73
Tom W7WHY
The specs for the TS 450 show 100 watts for FSK (as well as for FM). As far as I can see there is nothing in the Digital operation sections of the manual suggesting transmitting at reduced power.

I ran my TS 440 for many years and never had a "final" problem; some other problems involving PLL board glue, yes, but never the power problems.

Dave, K2YG