Re: [RTTY] Contest QRMing of other digimodes (ARRL BOD)

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest QRMing of other digimodes (ARRL BOD)
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 22:40:40 -0600
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Steve <WB3LGC@verizon.net> wrote:
> I would like to see my two sons become more active Technicians in the HF
> bands.
> Maybe more digital privileges might help.  I don't know.

Y'all obviously haven't looked at the General test lately.  If you got
over about 30-32 on Element 2, you can pass Element 3 with a glance
through the Q&A pool.  We've had many, many candidates ace the
Technician exam and then pass the General after being cajoled into it
by "helpful" VEs.

IOW, there is no reason people that want  more privileges can't just
take the damn test.

Or, like I said, make the General test 50 questions and deprecate the
Technician class.