Re: [RTTY] RU macros - my views

To: pcooper <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU macros - my views
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 12:20:31 -0800
On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM, pcooper <pcooper@guernsey.net> wrote:

> There were also quite a few sending IN DE, or IN OH, which is very
> confusing initially.

In many cases I suspect the operator is having a bit of fun with us when
they do that. Like the California op sending "CACA", and I think some ops
contrive to send numbers without FIGS to trip the newbies.**

My favorite this time though was the op from Missouri who sent their state
as "M0" - that's "M zero" - so that when you clicked on it your logger
thought it was a callsign. Got me twice. ;)

What a fun bunch we are!

 73 jeff wk6i

** I *know* someone did that to me when I was new at this, because I kept
asking for a repeat and he finally said "SEE?" and showed me! ;)

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com