Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OT Computer Assistance
From: Richard Schumann <richardschumann@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 07:39:30 -0800

You might want to check online about using 'XP Mode' within Win7. I've heard good things about it and you can use all your old software that way.

Good luck!

Richard kn7sz

On 11/22/2014 05:15, Phil Sussman wrote:
I have been researching the replacement of the three XP machines here in the shack and the results have been discouraging. None of my programs: word processing, spreadsheet, logging, rig interface, and scanner programming is compatible with
WIN-7 let alone WIN-8.1.

In addition, my interfaces for the printer(s) [non-serial, but parallel] aren't USB compatible either! I currently have five serial interfaces, but my two USB ports have yet to operate with serial adapters. I believe this is because my USB ports are USB-1 type (just plain old)

Obviously, I do not have an unlimited budget to replace three computers, two
printers, all the software and still be unable to interface with my rigs.
I've got a JRC JST-145 (interfaced with LOGic) and an ICOM IC-756 pro-II.

Any helpful suggestions welcome.

Thanks ES 73

de Phil - N8PS