Re: [RTTY] Palomar Engineers? Torroids?

To: <W2GR@aol.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Palomar Engineers? Torroids?
From: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 08:25:15 +0100
Watch out for "ham" resellers who buy from ordinary industrial catalogs
and then apply a huge markup. I have had bad service at high prices from
both Palomar and Amidon, and wouldn't deal with either again.

If you have to pay more than catalog prices, then look for a supplier
who gives added value in some other way.

http://www.kitsandparts.com  aka "Toroid King" specializes in small
quantities of toroids, both dust-iron and ferrite, including kits of
different types for popular projects such as the W3NQN/5B4AGN bandpass
filters.

For larger quantities of the same type, check the big suppliers such as
Mouser (these may be the best deal for a small quantity of the large #31
snap-on beads).

For bulk purchases - for example, a club buying several boxes - go
direct the the manufacturer.

When comparing prices, don't forget to include shipping costs. Large
ferrite toroids are fragile, heavy and expensive to ship, so look for
"free shipping" offers.

73 from Ian GM3SEK