Re: [RTTY] Point-and-click vs typing

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Point-and-click vs typing
From: David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:11:00 -0400
Hi Tim(excellent topic)
I am amazed with the variation in preferences regarding keyboard and mouse.
Especially Fabi, using a gaming mouse with extended Fkey abilities. I'd like to
hear more about how this was implemented.
My 2c - 1 hand on the keys,  1 hand hovering on the mouse.   Fkeys for messages
I love the GRAB feature in N1MM,  TAB will populate some entry data,  <click>
on extra data like State/Prov - this is where I some times run into a snag.  In
CQWW last week some times the State would end up in the <zone> field,
resulting in a manual correction with the keyboard.
IMHO - start every macro with 1 x CRLF.  end every macro with 1 x space, best
way to reduce errors
73David
http://www.ve3vid.webs.com/