Re: [RTTY] Getting spotted by RTTY skimmers

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting spotted by RTTY skimmers
From: "Rick Ellison" <rellison@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:57:35 -0400
I have to disagree here.. I start every one of my macro's with a cr.  I want my
line being sent to ALWAYS be starting on a new line out of the way of the
garbage from in between callers. I keep my rx window at 4 or 5 lines high and
not once this weekend did I chase a callsign up the screen. In N1MM+ this
weekend I used both the non-scrolling and the scrolling windows to do some
testing that I needed to do and in both window types if you can't click on the
callsign and exchange that is sent on that line your slow.. I have heard this
over and over again and I have to say I have never needed to scroll back to get
a callsign or exchange.Even if you get garbaged out and need to wait for
another line the line you want to get stuff from should not be out of your
window. The one good thing in N1MM+ is that if someone sends multiple cr/lf's
only one is received and the rest are not sent to the rx windows.

73 Rick N2AMG