Re: [RTTY] W1AW/5 Texas RTTY on 17 meters

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W1AW/5 Texas RTTY on 17 meters
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:29:27 -0400

Might I suggest one other option is to work from 18.109 and listen
down?

18.105 - 18.110 is one of those "automatically controlled digital"
(read PACTOR ROBOT) subbands.  Since the robots do not have channel
busy lockouts, they can generally clobber either the "DX" or the
pile-up for extended periods of time no matter how long a DX has been
on the band.

18.095 working down is a far better approach to avoiding both the
JT65/JT9 activity and PSK31/63 activity on 17 meters.
73,

   ... Joe, W4TV