Re: [RTTY] ARRL BOD minutes

To: "<rtty@contesting.com>" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL BOD minutes
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:05:01 -0500
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

> And if you're allowed digital at 200 W, what is your incentive to
> upgrade?  The slivers you get when you go from Tech to General will
> get even smaller.

It has been pointed out to me (privately) that this is simply to allow
more sail mail without having to take *2* 35-question multiple choice
tests.  Sailors interested in communications on a regular basis that
could reasonably be furnished alternatively through other radio
services will only have to pass a single test now.

Fantastic!

This whole licensing thing.  Dunno.  Seems like a lot of trouble.
Can't we just switch it to license-by-rule, like FRS and CB?