Re: [RTTY] Contester opinions on AL800H amp

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contester opinions on AL800H amp
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 21:40:20 -0500
I can't comment on the AL800H but I have been using AL-80B's for many years
with success. I own two of them. They are only rated at
500 watts on RTTY with a single 3-500Z tube but one time I accidentally keyed
one up for 30 minutes on RTTY and it didn't hurt it a
bit.

I've been running mainly single band ten meters in the RTTY contests this year
that have single band categories and I haven't burned
anything up yet (KNOCK ON WOOD). I did lose one of the tubes a while back and
replaced it with an RF Parts tube. The other one still
has the original tube. Both are at least ten years old if not older.

73, Don AA5AU