Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee

To: "Terry" <ab5k@hotmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee
From: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:09:49 -0500
We shouldn't have to move if the ARRL would adopt the Region 2 bandplan.
Don't get fixated on mode, application is more important and if the lower band
ends follow the Region 2 plan the problem is solved. ACDS confined to very
upper ends and wideband digi could use the voice/image segments. As Jay
pointed out it would be an advantage in an Emcomm situation to be able to
transmit voice/image/data on a single frequency. Of course it would mean the
FCC would have to authorize data in the voice/image segment and getting
rid of Part 97.221 to haul in the outlaws.

Ron
K0IDT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry" <ab5k@hotmail.com>