[RTTY] ARRL Presence at the Charlotte, NC Hamfest

To: "rtty-contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL Presence at the Charlotte, NC Hamfest
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 17:12:00 -0500
All.....

Well the Charlotte, NC hamfest happened :(

I was given the assignment of working the Ticket Sales booth.

On Friday, before the Forums, I got a chance to meet our 'brand new' NC SM........ I mean he literally took-over the NC Section this past week........ while at my ticket sales booth, he was pleasant enough. However, when I asked him how he felt about RM-11708? (I was later told this was a gross violation of hamfest ticket sales rules)......... he had a brief bewildered look pass across his facial features....... and then he said "I'm sorry, but what RM are you talking about? Is that about Antenna regulations? And, why is it my problem?"

After my blood pressure returned to barely normal, I explain what has been going on since last November.............. he then retorted that his recent predecessor Bill Morine, N2COP, had said NOTHING about anything currently 'on the back burner' that might need his attention..........!!!!!!!!!

I explained, once again, who I was... what mode I used to contest, and how I feel about RM-11708............. I was thanked for my opinion, asked if I PROPERLY REPLIED to comment requests, and thank you for two tickets............

F-Me, 73,

Ben - WB2RHM