Re: [RTTY] Frequency skew

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Frequency skew
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:06:17 -0800

Didn't they put an automatic offset for guys that don't know how to tune off the station a bit so they are not all zero beat?

There was a thread about clicking on spots and everybody was zero beat - all on the same frequency. 73
Tom W7WHY

Note that several skimmers are systematically low by 100-200Hz and one by
closer to 300-400Hz. That last one is way out in left field. The systematics
seemed to change from band to band.

None of this means that the skimmers are broken. It just means that we have to
apply a little observation when using them to increase our band awareness.

Tim N3QE