[RTTY] DXing

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] DXing
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:27:54 -0800
Absolutely unbelievable.

RTTY has now regressed into a operation of lids. I am on 24 mHz and set up about nearly a kHz above the D2 who was working simplex. Asked if the frequency was in use, and it wasn't. Called CQ, and then a kilocycle Kop came by and asked me to QSY. Seems I am S9 +40 in the midwest. And since this idiot doesn't (a) identify until I started talking to him, and (b) doesn't own filters. He evidently doesn't have real antennas either as old Spokane is hardly in the direction of Angola!

Life is unlucky if you can't operate RTTY within 750 cycles of another station. Order some filters. By the way, using 100 watts into a vertical.